Movement and pain control support one’s quality of life.
At the end of one’s life, what are the goals? For many it includes being able to be able to continue to live independently with limited pain for as long as possible and to have those around one be able to give the support needed when it is needed. This time in one’s life can be for years or a few months depending on the diagnosis and stage of the progression.
Dr. McNamara has had the honor of supporting some of her clients through every stage until a few days before they passed on. Over the years she worked with her clients she was able to provide the following skills:
- Pain Management through manual therapy/ massage and stretching
- Ambulation and transfer training with the ability to modify and re-train as needed
- Strength training and Range of Motion for continued ability to function to one’s optimal ability
- The ability to listen to her client’s concerns and listen to their stories throughout the session
- The ability to change the session to whatever is needed that day to support her client
- Patient/ Caregiver education for safety in transfers and ambulation