What are the benefits for choosing Dr. Tara McNamara?
- One-on-one private sessions at the location of your choosing: home, virtually or at the office
- Over 20+ years of experience working as a physical therapist with all types of functional limitations and diagnoses
- All sessions customized to the individual and progressed appropriately to meet the client where they are
Where will Tara travel?
- To any client’s home, office or private gym or park within Manhattan
- For those not in Manhattan or concerned about Covid-19, Dr. McNamara work’s virtually with her clients with great results
What about Covid-19?
- Dr. McNamara will wear a mask and gloves for the duration of every session while in your home and surfaces will be disinfected. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be used as needed.
- Virtual sessions for both physical therapy and exercise training can be done over a virtual platform such as Zoom, Google, Teams, Facebook, Skype, or another platform.
Can I use my insurance for physical therapy coverage?
- Physical therapy for one-on-one sessions with Dr. McNamara may be covered by your out of network benefits or long-term insurance.
- Dr. McNamara is a participating provider for acute diagnoses under Medicare Part B.
What about coverage for a general exercise/ wellness program?
- Since Dr. McNamara is a licensed Physical Therapist reimbursement from a Health Savings Account, Flex Spending Account or a deduction from your taxes is possible. Check with your plan administrator or accountant for tax planning.
How long is a typical session?
- While time is dependent upon your needs, one-hour sessions are standard.
Do I need gym equipment?
- Every part of the body can be stretched and strengthened using one’s own body weight, resistance bands and/or resistance provided by Dr. McNamara
- If you would prefer gym equipment, Dr. McNamara would be happy to work with you in your building’s gym as permitted
Does Dr. McNamara work with people who have had a history of falls?
- Yes, Dr. McNamara has extensive knowledge working with people who have fallen to prevent future falls and improve their overall strength, balance, and safety in their home and community.